Last updated 16th May 2018
Your Privacy Rights
Scope and Consent
BNS honours your choices. You can choose whether you wish to receive promotional emails, BNS messages, telephone calls and postal mail from us by using the Opt-in/Opt-out methods described below.
BNS employees are responsible for the processing of personal data they receives, and may subsequently transfer that data to a third party acting as an agent on our behalf. BNS maintains final control of all data and avoids where ever possible the onward transfers of personal data.
What Data do we collect and how is it stored
BNS collects personal contact details and information on the hardware, software and networking service systems being sold within your organisation. Data on contacts and conversations is held in our marketing database and Outlook contacts which resides on our company server and contact details and finance records are held on our accounts database which also resides on our company server. Contact information is also held on a temporary basis on the Mailchimp email engine used for marketing communications. Details of data held can be provided as csv files on request.
How We Collect Your Personal information
When you visit our Site or contacts us by telephone or letter we collect personal information in order to provide you with use of and access to our Site and to help us personalise and improve your experience:
Information you provide to us: We may collect personal information, such as your name, address, phone, email and other similar information that you enter directly onto or in connection forms within our Site. Generally, personal information is requested when visitors to our Site request information about BNS and our products and services.
Other methods of collection: We may also collect information from or about you in other ways, such as through your contact with our customer support team or our sales team, your results when you respond to a survey, and your interactions with members of the BNS sales, support and management teams.
How We Use the Personal Information we collect
Our primary purpose for collecting and processing personal information is to provide you with a secure, smooth, and efficient visitor and customer experience. We may also use your personal information to:
- operate the Site (the legal basis for processing is either performance of the agreement between us and you or our legitimate interest, more specifically our economic interest in offering you products and services);
- provide support or to carry out the service(s) you have requested or authorised (the legal basis for processing is performance of the agreement between us and you);
- troubleshoot your issue and provide you with more effective customer service (the legal basis for processing is performance of the agreement between us and you);
- distribute alerts concerning product upgrades, special offers, updated information, and other new products and services from BNS or our partners (the legal basis for processing is either performance of the agreement between us and you or our legitimate interest, more specifically our economic interest in making you personalised offers);
- for such other purposes as required or permitted by law (the legal basis for processing is our compliance with our legal obligations).
Sharing Personal information with Third Parties
BNS collaborates with and occasionally hires other companies to provide services on its behalf. Personal information may be shared with these companies; however, we will only share your personal information to accomplish the purposes for which we collected the personal information. These third parties are contractually required to maintain the confidentiality of your personal information and are contractually prohibited from using that information for any other purpose.
We may also share your information as follows:
- with your consent;
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights or property;
- to protect your safety or the safety of others;
- to investigate fraud or respond to a government, judicial or other legal request;
- to comply with the law; and
- in connection with a corporate change, such as an acquisition or merger
How We Protect and Store Personal information
We endeavour to protect the security of your personal information. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to try to protect your personal information from unauthorised access, use, or disclosure. For example, we store the personal information you provide on computer servers with limited access that are located in controlled facilities.
How We Use Tracking Technologies
Managing Cookies: – Disabling
What happens if you disable cookies from our site?
Preventing cookies is likely to impact the functionality or performance of our website and could stop you from using certain services provided through it. If you choose to disable cookies, we cannot guarantee how the operation of our website will perform during your visit. It will also affect our ability to improve our website, making changes to user preferences.
What are Cookies?
How You Can Access or Change Your Personal information
Upon request, BNS will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your personal information within the timeframes specified by GDPR. Depending on the Site you use, you may access, correct, or request deletion of your personal information by logging in to your account, or you may contact us at: email@example.com If a customer requests that we remove their information, we will respond within the GDPR specified timeframe.
Please note that we may need to retain your information in order to continue providing a service to you. In certain circumstances, we may be required by law to retain your personal information for a period of time.
Opting Out of Marketing Communications
You may sign up to receive marketing communications from us, change your current preferences, or unsubscribe from marketing communications by using our Opt In landing page here enter: OPT IN PAGE or by contacting us directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org
How You Can Contact Us about Privacy
BNS Distribution Ltd,
Unit 6a, Douglas Mill,
Bradley Lane, Standish
Wigan, WN6 0XF